From the kitchen of: Becca Creasy
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30-45 min
This is another one of those stick-to-your-ribs kind of breakfast... the crew won't be hungry for a long time after they finish this delight!
- 920 Bacon
- 1 bag of Ore-Ida hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 onions, diced
- 8 eggs
- Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook bacon and sausage half-way. Add in diced onions and let them render down, allowing the bacon and sausage to finish cooking.
- Remove cooked onions and meat from skillet, drain on paper towels.
- Leave about 3-4 tbsp of liquid in pan, remove excess.
- Add butter and olive oil to pan. Then add thawed hash browns and seasonings. Allow the hash browns to get slightly crispy before turning/stirring.
- Once the hash browns are mostly cooked, add back in the onions and meats. Mix until even.
- Using a wooden spoon, make eight (8) small divots in the pan. Crack one egg in each divot. Turn off heat.
- Place cast iron skillet in a 350* oven for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
You can add sautéed peppers as well!
920 Maple Sausage is equally delicious in this dish.
It's all about a well seasoned cast iron skillet. If you don't have one, you can use any skillet, so long as it is safe to put the pan in the oven to finish cooking. If your pan has rubber on it's handles or is not suitable for the oven, you can always cook the eggs separate and serve plated over the hash browns.