From the kitchen of: Becca Creasy
Prep Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 6-7 hours in slow cooker
This is the dish that, without hesitation, my husband always reminds me: "This is the best thing my wife makes me."
- 920 beef roast (bone-in or boneless are both delicious)
- 1.5 cups of strawberry jelly
- 1/3 cup apples juice (can substitute for orange, mango, grape)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- In a crock pot, combined the jelly, juice and all seasonings/spices. Stir until well blended.
- Add frozen beef roast. Make sure to cover all sides of beef with the sauce. Place lid on.
- Cook on high for 5 hours. If possible, turn the roast half way through.
- Reduce heat and let cook another 2 hours on low heat.
- Serve when ready.
This recipe can easily be done with boneless, skinless chicken breast (they only need 3 hours on high in the slow cooker).
I use an All-Clad Slow cooker... next to a good enamel coated cast iron, it's one of the best kitchen investments I've ever made. The model I have has 4 different cook settings: slow, rice, steam, brown. I like to brown the sauce first and get the goodness moving, before turning the slow cooker on.