From the Kitchen of: Leigh Anne Cason
Cook Time: 30 min
- 920 ground beef (or ground pork)
- 1 head of cabbage, leaves removed
- 2 cans Hunts Tomatoes - Garlic, Basil & Oregano Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Hunts Tomatoes - Garlic, Basil & Oregano Tomato Sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Boil cabbage leaves until soft. Let dry on paper towels.
- Sauté onions in butter and a little olive oil until translucent. Add ground beef and seasoning (to taste). Drain off excess liquid.
- Combine ground beef and onion mixture with the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and cooked rice.
- Spoon mixture into a cabbage leaf and roll like a burrito.
- Place cabbage rolls into a deep baking dish, with the seam side down.
- Once the dish is full of rolls, pour 1 can of tomato sauce over the top.
- Bake at 350* for 30 min.
Ground beef or pork are considered traditional.